Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Botanical Gardens Excursion




On the Botanical Gardens excursion, we took multiple photos. Here are my best ones.

Session 1 - Chinese Gardens
Theme: Quirky Protraits
I used: Angles and Framing

Here are my top 2:


This photo is of Angus. He was being very quirky at the time, so I thought it would be a good photo to use for the quirky portraits.


This photo is of Jack. I used my fingers as a picture frame for this photo, and looking at Jack's face, he looks a little bit quirky!

Session 2 - The Lake
Theme: Amazing Nature
I used: Macro and Reflections

Here are my top 2:


This was a photo of one of the rocks at the lake. I used macro for this photo.


This was a photo of one of the trees at the lake. I also used macro for this photo. I like the patterns on the tree where the bark had been ripped off.

Session 3 - Japanese Gardens
Theme: The Perfect Moment
I used: Structure, strong lines and chose colour/black and white.

Here are my top 2:


Here is a photo of the water fountain collecting and dropping water into a bowl. I used the rule of thirds for this photo.


Here is the wonderful teacher, Mrs. Menzies in her orange vest. The vest looks a little bit transparent. I cropped this, and used the rule of thirds for this photo.

Session 4 - The Walls (or other)
Theme: The Unexpected. (Or any other random photos)
I used: Juxtaposition, rule of thirds

Here are my top 2:


This is a photo of the bench in the planthouse. I used macro for this photo.


This is a photo of the roses on the wall in the planthouse. I also used macro for this photo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you included your top two overall, as I think that these are among your best photographs. It would be nice to see in your comments what you think of the photographs you have posted and if you could have improved them by changing the angle or lighting etc. But it is good to see that you are using the rule of thirds while taking your photographs, trying new angles and camera modes. I also like the framing photograph where you have framed your friend with your own hand.

    ReplyDelete